OUR FULLY LICENSED AND QUALIFIED PLUMBERS SPECIALISE IN SHOWER LEAK REPAIRS
LEAKING SHOWER AND WATERPROOFING WITH NO TILES REMOVED
Waterproof membrane fails beneath the surface of the tiles, once this membrane has been breached, water is free to penetrate surrounding areas and cause damage. Unfortunately, these shower sealing membranes are also susceptible to building movement, poor installation and chemical breakdown with age.
The most common causes of shower seal leakage is building movement:
- As a building settles into its foundations
- As a building moves naturally with hot and cold weather
This movement can result in weakening or cracking of grout, shower seal, tile junctions within the shower or bath. This eventually allows water to penetrate beneath the surface tiles.
“ Warranty doesn’t cover excessive building movement.”
THE 7 WARNING SIGNS OF A LEAKING SHOWER SEAL
- Swelling skirting boards, dampness or mould build up
- Peeling paint – ceiling, bathroom or outside wall
- Damp musty smell – wet carpet
- Mouldy cupboards, ceilings and walls
- Stained timber under the house or subfloor
- Cracked tiles in the bathroom
- Missing grout in the shower
WHY ARE OUR LEAKING SHOWER METHODS SO EFFECTIVE?
Newcastle Plumbing are trained with products and procedures that allow our company to 100% waterproof the area without the need to remove tiles. Our sealing system is applied over the surface of the leaking tiles to produce a full seal. This process is performed without removing your bathroom tiles.
GET A FREE ESTIMATE
We are more than happy to give advice on which solution is most suitable for your needs, depending on your plumbing services. Why not ask us to view your property and discuss the various options with you now? Our advice is free!